Cloud for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
A couple of reports from big players in the Cloud sector, focused on Cloud computing adoption by Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Europe, to introduce this discussion.
"Drivers & Inhibitors to Cloud Adoption for Small and Midsize Businesses" by Microsoft - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/presskits/telecom/docs/SMBCloud.pdf
"Manage Your Changing IT Needs: A European Report on Servers & Storage for Small Business
February" by Dell and Intel
In view of the forthcoming EU Cloud Computing Strategy we wish to invite you to discuss with us the attitudes towards adoption of cloud computing in SMEs, the decision drivers, the fears and barriers, etc.
To help you with this topic, here are some questions you may be willing to answer around some key issues:
1- LIABILITY of cloud service providers, notably in cross-border situations:
- Should legal certainty be improved, why (problem cases you know)?
- How (good measures you know or recommend)?
2- CONSUMER RISKS, perceived and real, in using cloud services:
- What are the most relevant risks (according to the evidence you know)?
- How are or those risks best addressed?
3 - SME OBSTACLES for using cloud computing:
- What are the most relevant obstacles (according to the evidence you know)?
- How are or those obstacles best addressed?
Looking forwards to your comments!