Social Media Strategy Europe
I'm proposing to develop a Social Media Strategy for the European Union. And as such I suggest the following process:
1) PRE CONFERENCE:
We build groups with all social media group attendees of the #DA12 event and create a European Social Media Assessment using the Four Quadrant Assessment model. That model allows us to do that in an efficient and structured form. I will share the details of that process later on. The outcome contains:
* A good idea what the European population is expecting from the EU and its organizations
* A good understanding what the EU partner organizations are able to contribute to our long term success
* A good understanding how the European Commission is currently engaged and represented in the social web
* A good understanding of Europeans global competition
2) AT THE CONFERENCE:
The team will present the assessment at the Conference in June as a base for the strategy development. The primary objective for the two days is developing the foundation for an EU Social Media Strategy with three goals in mind:
- Making European Businesses globally respected and preferred supplier in their respective industry by Dec 2016 based on their ability to not only produce quality products but being able to communicate their existence and offerings on a global scale through the use of social media. Success is measured by relative increase in GDP.
- Creating a significantly improved seeding ground for innovative entrepreneurs, building new companies and creating sustainable growth in the job sphere through growing businesses. Providing extensive support and education to leverage social media to allow businesses to grow faster across the European Union and the globe. Success is measured by the growth in numbers of new startups and the growth and success of those startups by mentioning and popularity in the social web.
- Making the public sector of European countries an interwoven part of our rapidly evolving society. As such public services are more efficiently supported by private initiatives and democratic engagement is more appreciated in a way that leads to a more cost efficient public sector across Europe by 2016. Success is measured by a more appreciated service and a reduction in relative overall cost.
3) POST CONFERENCE:
We create programs that constitute the EU wide social media initiative and execute the defined social media strategy.
LARGE SCALE PUBLIC SUPPORT
We conduct the above with maximum transparency and invite the European population to contribute in a constructive way. The rapidly growing democratic engagement of the population may not only provide significant contribution but equally important a major increase in ownership and mindshare to be able to execute that strategy.
We are educating the largest corporations in the world and build campaigns for leading political parties. The above methodology is proven over more than 6 years. :)